I hope you had a nice weekend, and are soaking in the energy of the changing seasons.
I got cozy this weekend. I spent the evenings cooking, and getting into the spirit of fall listening to my favorite, Neil Young (my favorite song: Natural Beauty) and burning these. And I made jam (peach rosemary). I am currently obsessed with making jam. I am a little (lot) lonely these fall days and making jam instantly makes me happy. So, needless to say I have been making A LOT of it! I once had a friend tell me she baked her way out of depression. I am counting on jam to heal my heart.
Some other uplifting things...
- on Saturday I went to the preview of Taryn Simon's stunning show, A Living Man Declared Dead and Other Chapters - I-XVII at MOCA. It is beautiful and devastating, fascinating and powerful! I can't recommend it enough. I will be visiting it again to spend more time with everything.
- I am currently back on track and writing my thesis. YAY! Doing lots of research on Illuminated Manuscripts. I have so enjoyed looking around on this site.
- The brilliant Susan Sontag's words of wisdom on love... and it's illustrated!
- I have been spending lots of time in the studio, which makes me so happy. I am working on a new series of paintings: the woods at night. I have started a love affair with the color Caput Mortuum Violet. It has a fascinating history.
- I really enjoyed this interview with Elaine Scarry: Does beauty really equal truth?
- And check out these aura portraits - they are dreamy!